Venkateswara Temple is a Hindu temple located within the hill city of Tirumala at Tirupati in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, India. The Temple is devoted to Venkateswara, a form of Vishnu, who is believed to own appeared here to save lots of to save from trials and troubles of Kali Yuga.
Lord Sri Venkateswara, additionally called Srinivasa, Balaji, and Veṅkaṭachalapati, made Tirumala his abode 5 thousand years past. Even before him, it had been Lord Varahaswami who had created Tirumala his abode. Since then, several devotees have continued to construct grand entrances on the ramparts of the temple over generations. steered .
SUGGESTED READ: 21 THINGS TO DO IN JAMMU & KASHMIR
The temple advanced is cover 16.2 acres of land.The temple is settled at a height of 853 metres on Tirumala Hills that are a part of Seshachalam Hills and is built in Dravidian type of architecture.
Tirupati Balaji Temple is believed to have been engineered by King Thondaiman at the tip of eighth century AD. He was the ruler of the Tamil ancient kingdom referred to as Thondaimandala.
The temple additionally received patronage from many dynasties just like the Pallavas (9th century), the Cholas (10th century) and extremely from the Vijayanagara kingdom within the 14th century. rishnadevaraya of the Vijayanagara kingdom given profusely and restored the temple sporadically by adding new structures there to.
The legend says that Venkateshwara took the land of Tirumala hill from Varaha Hindu. In return, Venkateshwara gave him a promise that he would be paid the primary darshan.
- Address: S Mada St, Tirumala, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517504
- Entry Fee: NA
- Diety: Venkateswara (Vishnu)
- Festivals: 433 festivals are being observed in a year.
- Approximate visit duration: Around 1 to 2 hours.
- Timings: 2:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Dress Code: Men are required to wear traditional dhoti or pajama with a shirt or kurta. Women are required to wear either a saree or a Churidar pajama with a kurta.
Darshan & Aarti Timings
- Suprabhatam – This Seva is done at 2:30 AM in the morning to wake the Lord from his sleep. After that, the priests carry the idol from Sayana Mandapam (sleeping place) to the Ananda Nilayam (main shrine). The ticket costs Rs. 200 per person.
- Thomala Seva – This Seva starts at 3:30 AM and lasts for 30 minutes. Priests decorate the idols with garlands made of Tulsi and various flowers. Pilgrims can watch this only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The ticket price is Rs. 220 per person.
- Venkateshwara Sahasranama Archana – This Archana starts at 4:15 AM. In this Pooja, devotees recite the 1008 names of Lord Vishnu. Priests also call the blessings in the names and Gothra of the pilgrims taking part in the pooja. Pilgrims can perform the Seva on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The ticket price is Rs. 220 per person.
- Ekantha Seva – It is the last Seva of the day and starts at 1:30 AM. The priests lay down the silver image on a golden cot in a sleeping position.
Astonishing Facts About Tirumala Devsthanam
- The common belief is that the Lord appeared on the Venkatadri hill to save humankind from the ill effects of Kaliyuga. The idol here is worshipped since the beginning of the Kaliyuga. Therefore, people call this place as Kaliyuga Vaikuntam.
- Most Visited Place of Worship – Around 50,000 to 100,000 pilgrims daily (30 to 40 million people annually) visits this temple. On the day of the Brahmotsavam festival, the count increases to 500,000 pilgrims daily.
- The Tirumala Tirupati Balaji Temple is one of the eight Vishnu Swayambhu Kshetras. The word Swayambhu means that Lord Vishnu himself has turned into a statue here rather than installed by someone.
- Tirupati Balaji is also listed as 106th Divya Desam among the 108 Divya Desams of Lord Vishnu. It is the last earthly Desam of Lord Vishnu before he left earth for Vaikuntha.
- It is believed that one can hear the sound of an ocean by pressing an ear at the idol of the Lord. Also, the temperature of the idol always remains too high even after bathing it with water and Chandan.
ALSO READ: MANALI: EPITOME OF NATURAL CHARM AND UNPARALLELED BEAUTY
How to reach?
Venkateswara Temple is about twenty two kms from Tirupati. Tirupati is well connected with flights in addition as trains. The Venkateswara Temple is found on the seventh peak,Venkatachala (Venkata Hill), of the Tirumala hills, on the southern banks of Sri Hindu Pushkarini. You’ll ought to rent a taxi from the most city of Tirupati to achieve here
Tirupati airport is snuggled within the region of Renigunta. you have got to cross solely fifteen kilometer distance from the core of the most town. Frequent flights are accessible from alternative major Indian metropolis like metropolis, Hyderabad and city to the present place. The adjacent International field is metropolis from that the place encompasses a sensible property with completely different corners of the country and abroad. you’ll be able to take flights from Tirupati to metropolis, Bangalore, Hyderabad & alternative major cities.
One inquiring about a way to reach Tirupati needn’t worry as there are multiple buses that run in between the key cities towards Tirupati. The outstanding transport agencies of the region are APSRTC and KSRTC buses that link each a part of province and province with Tirupati in this order. There are various buses from Tirupati to city (253 km), metropolis (158 km) and Hyderabad (558 km) which is able to create your journey more leisurely.
The most railhead of the place is Tirupati depot that’s coupled with railway stations like city, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Madurai and Bombay. Renigunta depot is extremely near to the town and is at a distance of fifteen kilometer. Renigunta lies in Trivandrum-Delhi route. Thus, once you hit the capital of india, there are varied sources to understand a way to reach Tirupati.
Where To Stay?
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) has constructed several cottages and guest houses for the benefit of the pilgrims. These are-
- Padmavathi Guest House
- Sri Venkateshwara Guest House
- Varaha Swamy Guest House
Note: We don’t make any guarantees if the above-stated facts are not correct. If you think any information provided by us is wrong then contact us.