Shree Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Ujjain Temple is situated in Madhya Pradesh. Shree Mahakaleshwar is regarded as the King of Ujjain
It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India, the lingam at the Mahakala is believed to be swayambhu (born of itself) deriving currents of power shakti) from within itself as against the other images and lingams which are ritually established and invested with mantra-shakti.
When did the Mahakala first come in existence, is difficult to tell. However, the event may be assigned to the Pre-historic period. Puranas narrate that it was first established by Prajapita Brahma.
ALSO READ: 10 BEST TOURIST PLACES IN INDIA
It’s a three-storeyed. within the lowest middle and upmost parts are respectively put in the lingams of Mahakalesvara, Omkaresvara and Nagachandresvara. The pilgrims and also the guests will solely have the glimse of Nagachandresvara on the joyous of Naga Panchami. a really large-sized Kunda named Koti Tirtha additionally exists within the temple-complex. The Kunda is constructed within the sarvatobhadra style. The Kunda and its water each are treated as very celestial. The symbol of Mahakalesvara is colossus.
The silver plated Naga Jaladhari and also the inscribed and kabbalistic silver-plate covering the roof of the garbhagrha add additional grandeur to the shrine. Besides Jyotirlinga Ujjain Temple, enticing and small-sized pictures of Ganesa, kartikeya and Paravati may be seen within the garbhagrha. All round the walls classical eulogies in the praise of Lord Siva are exhibited. The Nanda Dipa continuously remains lit. the current design of Mahakala was engineered throughout the fourth – fifth decades of Eighteenth century.
Keeping in mind the safety of devotees from the corona virus infection, Sri Mahakaleshwar Temple will be restricted to general devotees from March 21, 2020 until further orders! You should take advantage of online philosophy and provide help in convenience, this is the request!
- Photography: Devotees have been banned from taking mobile phones inside Also present the devotees are not allowed to carry cameras, purse, bags etc inside the temple.
- Temple Timings: 3 A.M. to 11 P.M.
- Address: Jaisinghpura, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh 456006.
- Dress Code: There is no as such dress code provided you are wearing appropriate clothes. Dress code has to be followed for Bhasma Aarti.
- Entry Fees: 0.00 INR for normal line and for VIP line it is about 250 INR per person.
- Bhasam Aarti: To attend bhasam aarti you need to register yourself on the official website of the temple and wear dhoti for men and saree for women.
- Best time to visit: During the festival of Mahashivratri.
Note: There are lot of beautiful places and ancient temples like Kaal Bhairav Temple, Bade Ganesh temple, Shipra river ghats( where Kumbh takes place) to see around Ujjain(within 5-10 km vicinity) you can hire an auto (available at cheap prices) and go visit thses places.
|POOJA NAME||CHAITRA TO ASHWIN||KARTIK TO FALGUN|
|Bhasmarti||4 AM||4 AM|
|Morning Pooja||7:00 AM to 7:30 AM||7:30 AM to 8:00 AM|
|Mid-Day Pooja||10:00 AM to 10:30 AM||10:30 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Evening Pooja||5:00 PM to 5:30 PM||5:30 PM to 6:00 PM|
|Mahakal Aarti||7:00 PM to 7:30 PM||7:30 to 8:00 PM|
- CHAITRA MONTH(APRIL TO MAY)- Month of spring/ Gudi Padwa, Holi
- ASHWIN MONTH(OCT TO NOV)-Navratri, Durga puja, Kojagiri, Dasra, Diwali
- KARTIK MONTH(NOV TO DEC)-Bhaubeej
- FALGUN MONTH(MARCH TO APRIL)-Holi
ALSO READ: ABOUT ARANMULA PARTHASARATHY TEMPLE
• The gates of Nagchandreshwar Temple are opened only on Nagpanchami. This means the temple opens only for one day in a year. And on that day, more than two lakh people visit this coveted temple.
• As per the forklore, during Nagpanchami, Nagraj Takshak himself remains present in the temple
• If legends are to be believed, one can get rid of any form of sarpdosh after paying reverence at Nagchandreshwar Temple
• Only temple in the world where Bhasam Aarti is performed.
• There is mention of the ash collected from funeral pyre for the bhasma aarti in the ancient texts but in the present day, the bhasma is made of cow dung
• The shivling in the sanctum sanctorum is known to be Dakshinamurti ( facing South) .The only Shivling which faces South in the whole world.
• No VIPs are allowed to stay in the night in Ujjain , as it is believed there can be only one king in a kingdom.
• A special police band comes daily and performs in honor of the the King.
How To Reach Ujjain Temple:
The nearest airport is Indore Airport, 51 km from the temple. One can take a taxi to the temple.
The nearest railhead is Ujjain Railway Station, located at about 1 km from the temple. You can either walk or take an auto to the temple.
Ujjain is well connected with roads.You can take a bus from Bhopal (188km), Delhi (776km) and Mumbai (648km) to Ujjain
Where to stay:
Shri Mahakaleshwar Bhakta Niwas Ujjain
Nice place for stay near to mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga temple. Side view most attractive from there. Rooms are clear and available at economic rate
Address: Near Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga, Jaisinghpura, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh 456001
Note: We don’t make any guarantees if the above-stated facts are not correct. If you think any information provided by us is wrong then contact us
Exercise helps to maintain range of motion and muscle strength.
I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.
Good way of telling, and pleasant post to get data
concerning my presentation topic, which i am going to deliver in university.
I would like to know more about this subject if you don’t mind.
You helped me a lot with this post. I love the subject and I hope you continue to write excellent articles like this.
Thank you for writing this article!
Thanks , I’ve just been looking for info approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I’ve discovered till now. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure concerning the source?
You should write more articles like this, you really helped me and I love the subject.
Thanks for your help and for posting this article. It’s been great.
Thank you for being of assistance to me. I really loved this article.
Thank you for writing about this topic. It helped me a lot and I hope it can help others too.
[…] ALSO READ: ABOUT MAHAKALESHWAR UJJAIN TEMPLE […]