Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple is a hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu and goddess Laxmi. It is located at Sririangam city of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
The temple complex is 156 acres in extent. it’s seven prakaras or enclosures. These enclosures are fashioned by thick and large embankment walls that run around the sanctum. There are twenty one splendid towers altogether prakaras providing a novel sight to any traveler. this temple lies on an isle fashioned by the dual rivers Cauvery and Coleroon.
The temple of Sri Ranganatha Swamy at Srirangam boasts an historic past of nice kingdom and a civilization thousands of years old. The reign of the Pallavas was marked by the creation of a solid spiritual foundation, for instance the encouragement given by the dynasty seems to possess contributed to the expansion of Aryan establishments in Southern Bharat a lot of notably within the Carnatic.
Also Read: ABOUT BRIHADEESHWARA TEMPLE
Cholas reigned for about 300 years over the Coromandel Coast and also the larger a part of eastern Deccan, where they helped an advanced Hindu Culture to flourish.
According to mythology, Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple is one in all the key temples visiting which devotees will attain religious salvation. it’s believed that Cauvery stream while on her way shaped 3 islands specifically Shivanasamudra, Srirangapatna and Srirangam. Devotees who visit 3 temples at these places on the same day are guaranteed to attain moksha.
Religious Affiliation: Hinduism
District: Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, India
Deity worshiped: Vishnu and Laxmi
Photography: Cameras are allowed inside the temple premises
Timings: 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
Entry Fees: Nil
Special Entrance: Rs.20/- per head
Sri Ranganathar Sannathi Timings
|Viswaroobam seva||06.00 – 07.15|
|Pooja time – No seva||07.15 – 09.00|
|Seva||09:00 – 12:00|
|Pooja time – No seva||12:00 – 13:15|
|Seva||13:15 – 18:00|
|Pooja time – No seva||18.00 – 18.45|
|Seva||18.45 – 21.00|
Sri Ranganachiar Sannathi Timings
|Viswaroobam Paid seva||06.30 – 07.15|
|Viswaroobam Free seva||07.15 – 08.00|
|Pooja time – No seva||08.00 – 08.45|
|Paid seva||08.45 – 12.00|
|Free seva||12.00 – 13.00|
|Pooja time – No seva||13.00 – 15.00|
|Free seva||15.00 – 16.00|
|Paid seva||16.00 – 18.00|
|Pooja time – No seva||18.00 – 18.45|
|Paid seva||18.45 – 20.00|
|Free seva||20.00 – 21.00|
Astonishing Facts About The Temple
- The largest functioning Hindu temple is adjoining a vicinity of about one hundred fifty five acres inside a perimeter of four kilometre.
- The rajagopuram or temple tower is an architectural gem, settled at 237 feet on top of the complex base, moving up in eleven ascending tiers.
- It is aforementioned that the temple was designed by the Gangas in ninth century A.D. The Gangas was the ruling family primarily based at Talakkadu on the banks of the Kaveri stream.
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple has experienced devastating attacks from the Islamic armies and European conquerors and it had to be remodeled within the fourteenth century .It has withstood heaps of natural disasters also.
- The temple has seven parikramas or compound with eighty one shrines, twenty one gorgeous gopurams and thirty-nine grand pavilions.
How To Reach?
The nearest airfield is in Tiruchirappally which is about a distance of 9 kilometers from the temple.
The nearest Railhead is at Pudukkottai which is around a distance of 54 KM from the temple . One can take a taxi from there to the temple.
The divine city of Srirangam is well connected with roads. Buses are available from cities of Chennai and Bangalore to Srirangam.
Where To Stay?
Yathri Nivas – Srirangam
Yathri Nivas is nicely build and a decent accommodation facility located about 1 km from the temple consisting of a total of 1000 beds for the ease to devotees visiting the place for darshan.
Approximate Cost: 500-1900 INR (Plus Tax as applicable)
Note: We don’t make any guarantees if the above-stated facts are not correct. If you think any information provided by us is wrong then contact us