The story goes that the Aranmula Sree Parthasarathy Temple had its idol brought here in a very raft created with aru (six) items of Mula (bamboo). this can be what gave the place Aranmulaits name further. Dedicated to the deity Lord Krishna, the temple is placed on the banks of the Pamba watercourse.
Valla Sadya is a crucial event control at the temple on the eve of Ashtami Rohini, within the South Dravidian month of Chingam. It is the birthday of Lord Krishna and one of the famous festivals celebrated here. The sadya is huge and includes around sixty kinds of food given by the devotees to Lord Krishna, the presiding divinity of the temple.
A noteworthy side of the feast is that guests theatrically demand additional food by singing within the Vanchippattu vogue. The legend is that in a Valla Sadya all dishes asked for should incline to the individuals so as to please the Lord.
ALSO READ: ABOUT HORANADU ANNAPOORNESHWARI TEMPLE
The procession carrying rice, provision, vegetables and other articles in a specially designed vessel, Thiruvonathoni, for the feast on the Thiruvonam day at the Sree Parthasarathy Temple is additionally a wonderful spectacle to lay eyes on.
- Timings: 4:00 AM to 11.00 AM & 5:00 PM TO 8:00 PM
- Entry Fee: NA
- Photography: Not allowed
- Approximate visit duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Foreigners: Yes but if you are Hindu
- Best time to visit: In Winter
- Address: Chengannur, Kottayam Mallapuzhassery, Kerala 689533
- Dress Code: There is a stringent dress code that has to be followed to enter the temple.
The dress code of the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple is comparable to the foremost alternative temples of Kerala state
- Men need to wear dhoti. Shirts or upper garments must be kept at the temple counter prior to entering the temple.
- Women must be in traditional clothing. Saree, half saree and salwar kameez are a few examples.
How to Reach Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple:
The Thiruvananthapuram airport is nearest to the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple. Kochi International Airport is also a choice for the tourists who want to visit the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple. One can hire Taxis which are easily available from the airport which take the tourists directly to the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple.
The nearest railway station is at Chengannur. Tourists can hire cabs from the railway station. Buses are also available here.
Besides planes and railways, you can travel to Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple on roads. There are many buses and other transport available which connect the various cities of Kerala to the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple. Chengannur is only 10 km from the temple. Pathanamthitta is 15 km and Pandalam is 14 km from the shrine.
The temple has its own customs, like:
- Only Thantri and Melshanthi can enter the Sreekovil. Thantri refers to the main priest while Melshanthi refers to the second priest.
- Thiruvonathoni: This is a famous custom of the temple. The ritual takes place during the Onam festival.
The Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple celebrates Lord Krishna festivals with great pomp and grandeur.
- Ashtami Rohini: this is often the birthday of Lord Krishna. The temple celebrates this pageant with nice elegance and grandeur. an oversized feast takes place on this date. This feast additionally features a name, ‘vallasadya.’ it’s one among the biggest eater feasts within the world. The pageant includes sixty four forms of dishes. The devotees supply the food to Lord avatar. Besides eating, the deities are carried around Aranmula on this present day. Another necessary a part of the pageant is that the boat rides. A special boat, Palliyodam sails over stream Pampa. These boats appear as if snakes and lots of individuals ride them. this practice of race additionally features a name, Vallam Kali. individuals worship the boat before the race starts as locals believe these boats ar vehicles of Lord Aranmula. individuals use many sorts of flowers to worship the boats. a hundred rowers participate within the race. Also, twenty five singers participate during this race. They sing songs because the boats sail on the stream. The boats sail in pairs. individuals additionally play music. The pageant goes on from Gregorian calendar month to Gregorian calendar month. this is often additionally the time of Onam pageant in Kerala.
- Procession: an oversized procession on the Hindu deity Mount to the Pampa stream takes place throughout the Meenam month. together with Lord Parthasarathy, deity Bhagavathy additionally participates within the procession. The idol of the deity comes from the Punnamthode temple.
- Khandavanadahanam: This pageant takes place throughout Dhanus month. Devotees produce a synthetic forest at the temple front. individuals use dried plants, leaves and twigs to form the forest. A balefire is lit when this. This pageant shows the fireplace that passed off at the Khandavana forest. this is often additionally a story from Mahabharatam.
- Fasting: this practice takes place throughout Thiruvonam. 3 Brahmin families in Aranmula quick at this point. Brahmin families from Nedumprayar village additionally quick at this point. this is often a two-centuries-old custom. As per story, one Brahmin vowed to feed one pilgrim daily. Lord avatar was happy with the vow. Thus, He came to bless the priest. The Brahmin was terribly happy and he began to conduct a feast per annum. This feast takes place when the boat race.
Where to stay nearby:
Hotel All Season, Hotel Santhi Palace, Bessota International Hotel, Club 7 Hotel, CGA Elite Continental and Contour Backwaters are just 21 km from the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple. These hotels also have all the basic facilities.
Where to eat:
There are some good eat outs near the Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple. Favourite, Hotel Aryaas Park, J’ Mart Arabian Restaurant, Khyber Pass Bake & Grill, Union Bakery, Arabian Restaurant, and Vensec Kitchens serve delicious food. The eat outs are also clean.
The environment of the temple is peaceful. The temple architecture is extremely stunning. Alongside architectural magnificence, this temple offers Hindus an incredibly spiritual experience.
Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your website is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you’ve on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and just couldn’t come across. What a perfect web site.
Thanks, I have recently been searching for info approximately this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you certain about the source?
I adore looking at and I think this website got some genuinely useful stuff on it! .