Chilkur Balaji Temple also referred to as Visa Balaji Temple is an ancient hindu temple dedicated to Lord Balaji located on the banks of Osman Sagar in Rangareddy District.
The amazing deity a.k.a Balaji, of this temple is also known as VISA God. This name comes as a surprise for many but some people come to the temple with a belief that Chilkur Balaji is very powerful in helping people secure foreign VISAs.
History of Chilkur Balaji Temple
From the archietecture, it can be inferred that the temple was built half a millennium ago. Set in sylvan surroundings, the temple attracts thousands of pilgrims every year and is an ideal place for sequestered retreat and meditation. It enjoyed in the past, great days of pomp and glory.
The temple is one of the oldest in Telengana, having been built during the time of Akkanna and Madanna, the uncles of Bhakta Ramdas. According to tradition, a devotee who used to visit Tirupati every year could not do so on one occasion owing to serious ill-health. Lord Venkateshwara appeared in his dream and said, “I am right here in the jungle nearby. You don’t have to worry.”
The devotee at once moved to the place indicated by the Lord in the dream and saw a mole- hill there, which he dug up.
Accidentally, the axe struck Lord Balaji’s idol covered by the mole-hill below the chin and on the chest, and surprisingly blood started flowing profusely from the “wounds”, flooding the ground and turning it scarlet. The devotee could not believe his eyes when he saw this.
Suddenly he could not believe his ears also when he heard a voice from the air which said,”Flood the mole-hill with cow’s milk. “When the devotee did so, a Swayambhu idol of Lord Balaji accompanied by Sridevi and Bhoodevi(a rare combination) was found, and this idol was installed with the due rites and a temple built for it.
Sri Balaji venkateshwara, the Pratyaksha Daiva in kaliyuga, is thus available at Chilkur to shower blessings on His devotees who for any reason are unable to go to Tirupati. Many devout worshippers flock to the temple, to receive the blessings of the Lord and his consorts throughout the year.
Also Read: ABOUT VENKATESWARA TEMPLE TIRUMALA
- Temple Address: Chilkur Balaji Temple Rd, Himayatnagar, Telangana 500075
- District: Rangareddy
- Affiliation: Hindu
- Deity: Lord Balaji
- Dress Code: The temple does not impose any particular Dress wear.
- Best time To Visit: October – March
- Entry Fee: Nil
- Completed: 14th century
- Photography: Not allowed inside the temple
- Festivals: Anakota, Brahmotsavams and Poolangi
- Phone Number: +(91)-(8417)-235933
- Temple timings: 6:00 am to 1.00 pm and 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Astonishing Facts About Chilkur Balaji Temple
- The unique feature of this idol is that lotus flowers are held in three hands and the fourth hand is in such a position towards the lotus feet which signifies the doctrine of Saranagathi.
- Almost all the IT professionals who visit the temple had received an opportunity to fly abroad within a year. The faith here is that if a you make a wish after 11 pradakshanas, then that wish comes true. And once the wish comes true, you will have to come back to do 108 pradakshanas around the entire temple.
- It is approximated that about 75,000 to 1 lakh devotees visit Chilkur balaji temple of Hyderabad every week. Although it is visited by hordes of devotees throughout the year, the number of visitors increases by many folds during the occasion of Anakota, Brahmotsavams and Poolangi.
- No Donations are accepted in this temple, you will not find any Huni/daan patra/ donation box anywhere in the temple.
How To Reach Chilkur Balaji Temple?
The nearest airport is Hyderabad Airport 20 kms away from Chilkur, states buses, taxies and cabs are available from there to Chilkur.
Himayat Nagar Railway Station Junction is the nearest railway station located 1 kms away from Chilkur. The station is connected to some parts within the states.
TSRTC runs buses from the major cities connecting Mehdipatnam, which is the closest bus stand. The bus service is frequent, with a bus coming in every 15 minutes.
Hotels near Chilkur Balaji Temple
Haritha Hotel, Chilkur Balaji operated by Telangana Tourism offers quality accommodation.Chilkur Balaji temple located very close to Gandipet 25 km from Hyderabad city is a favourite destination for many who choose to spend their holiday or weekends close to the pristine waters of the lake and also have a darshan of Lord Balaji/Venkateshwara Swamy.
The hotel has good dining facilities and offers a good view of the rural hinterlands of the region amid pleasant breeze surrounded by fresh vegetation. The congenial staff are ready to offer excellent hospitality services at any given point of time. There are A/C and Non-A/C rooms available at the hotel near Chilkur Balaji Temple.
If you like our work then please Donate to us so that we can keep posting content regularly.
Note: We don’t make any guarantees if the above-stated facts are not correct. If you think any information provided by us is wrong then contact us.