Sri Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple, in Srisailam, is one amongst the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva additionally one amongst the eighteen maha Shakti Peeths placed within the Kurnool district of province, India.
The temple is predicated on the banks of the Krishna watercourse and devotees in massive numbers take holy dip here once visiting the temple. god immortal of this temple is Lord Mallikarjuna Swamy. The god is said to be self manifested. among the temple campus, another main god is the divinity Bhramaramba Devi.
In keeping with pre-historic studies the habitational history of Srisailam goes back to concerning 30,000-40,000 years. Stone tools of that amount are extravagantly found at varied places of Srisailam. The epigraphical evidences reveal that the history of Srisailam begins with the Satavahanas who were the primary empire builder in South India and conjointly the earliest rulers of Andhradesa.
In keeping with legend, once Lord Brahma, who is the God of creation and Lord Vishnu, who is that the god of Harmony had a dialogue over the prevalence of their powers. Hence, to sort this, Lord Shiva set to test them each. Lord Shiva pierced all the 3 worlds with limitless pillars of sunshine, which may be referred to as jyotirlinga.
After this, Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma were asked to look the tip of the sunshine pillars every needs to realize the tip of the sunshine at a given direction, either upward or downwardly. once their unsuccessful makes an attempt to look the tip, Lord Vishnu accepted his inability to do thus while Lord Brahma lied saying he has found the tip. To this, Lord Shiva announced that Lord Vishnu are idolised by devotees through all the yugas whereas Lord Brahma would be not remembered the same manner.
Another Legend says Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy Temple, Lord Shiva had appeared as Shivalingam at 3 places, one amongst that is Srisailam, whereas the opposite 2 places are Kaleshwaram and Bhimeswaram/Draksharamam.This Temple was visited by Lord Ram and Sita in Tretha Yuga and was also visited by Pandavas in Dwapar Yuga.
The design of the traditional Sri Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Temple is incredibly lovely and complicated. The temple has fort like walls, towers and a chic endowment of sculptural work. the large temple is made within the Dravidian vogue with lofty towers and sprawling courtyards and is taken into account to be one amongst the best specimens of Vijayanagar design. Temple of Tripurantakam, Siddavatam, Alampura and Umamaheswaram placed within the vicinity of Mallikarjuna Jyotirlina are thought of to be the four gateways to Sri Sailam
- Address: Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh 528101
- Deity: Mallikarjuna (Shiva); Bhramaramba (Parvati)
- Temple Timings: 4:30 am – 3:30 pm , 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Photography: Not allowed inside temple. Mobiles too are not allowed inside
- Dress Code: For ordinary visit where you are having general darshan, you can wear pant and shirt (for gents only) and “Indian” dress for ladies (like saree or salwar kameez). For any special darshan/puja/events, generally pant and shirt is not allowed
- Entry Fees: Nil (for general darshan)
- Altitude :274 m
- Festivals: Maha Shivaratri, Navratri
- Best Time To Visit: October to February
|Mangalavadyams||4.30 AM to 5.00 AM|
|Suprabhatam||5.00 AM to 5.15 AM|
|Pratahkalapuja, Gopuja and Maha Mangala Harathi||5.15 AM to 6.30 AM|
|Darshanam, Abhishekam and Archanas by the devotees||6.30 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Alankara Darshanam||1.00 PM to 3.30 PM|
|Mangalavadyams||4.30 PM to 4.50 PM|
|Pradoshakalapuja||4.50 PM to 5.20 PM|
|Susandhyam and Maha Mangala Harathi.||5.20 PM to 6.00 PM|
|Rajopachara puja (Parakulu) to Bhramaramba Devi.||5.50 PM to 6.20 PM|
|Darshanam, Abhishekam and Archanas.||6.20 PM to 9.00 PM|
|Dharma Darshanam.||9.00 PM to 10.00 PM|
|Ekantha Seva.||9.30 PM to 10.00 PM|
|Closure of the temple.||10.00 PM|
Aarti and Darshan Charges
|Name of the Darshanams||Time||Amount|
|Suprabhatha Darshanam||5.00 AM||300 (couple or single)|
|Mahamangala Harathi||5.50 AM||200 (single)|
|Athiseegra Darshanam||6.30 AM to 1.00 PM|
6.30 PM to 9.00 PM
|100 (couple or single)|
|Special Queue Line Darshanam||6.30 AM to 1.00 PM|
6.30 PM to 9.00 PM
|Free Darshanam||6.30 AM to 3.30 PM &|
6.30 PM to 10.00 PM
|Mahamangala Harathi||5.00 PM||200 (single)|
|Quick Darshanam||6.30 AM to 1.00 PM|
6.30 AM to 9.00 PM
CHECK ALSO: ABOUT KEDARNATH TEMPLE
- Sri Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Temple is special in that it is both a jyotirlinga and a Shakti Peetha (special shrine to Shakti Devi – there are 18 of them) – there are only three such temples in India.
- It is believed that Lord Shiva appeared as Arjuna on Amavasya (No moon day) and Goddess Parvati as Mallika on Poornima (full moon day), and hence the name Mallikarjuna.
- Sri Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna temple is a work of architecture with its tall towers and beautiful carvings. It is also enclosed within tall walls that fortify it.
- Devotees believe that visiting this temple brings them wealth and fame.
- It is believed that Goddess Parvati fought the demon Mahishasura by transforming herself into a bee. Devotees believe they can still hear a bee buzzing through a hole in the Bhramaramba temple!
How To Reach?
The nearest landing field to Srisailam is found at Hyderabad at distance of concerning 232 kms from Srisailam. Hyderabad is air connected to Vishakapatnam, Bangalore, Chennai, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Mumbai and metropolis. Taxi cars and decision taxis are offered at the landing field.
Nearest railhead to Srisailam is that the Markapur Road, within the Guntur-Hubli metre gauge rail route. the key broad-gauge railroad terminal near is at Hyderabad at a distance of 232 kms. Taxi cars and decision taxis are offered at the railroad terminal.
There are many options for Srisailam travel by road. Srisailam is well connected by Devasthanam buses and State owned APSRTC buses, which charge really nominal price for the journey.
Where To Stay?
The Temple Trust has taken all measures for the pilgrim’s comfortable stay on the Srisailam. Visitors are offered different kinds of accommodation ranging from Normal rooms to A.C Suits in various guest houses on the hill.
It is one of the biggest and the cheapest accommodation you can find. The check-in and check-out time for online booking of accommodation is 8.00 AM. Bookings can be done through www.srisailamonline.com.
Note: We don’t make any guarantees if the above-stated facts are not correct. If you think any information provided by us is wrong then contact us.