Bir and Billing are two villages within the Dhauladhars vary that are positioned at about 60 km from Dharamshala within the state of Himachal Pradesh in northern India which is a extremely well-known vacationer vacation spot in Himachal Pradesh. Bir can also be house to a Tibetan refugee settlement with a number of Buddhist monasteries and a big stupa. Bir Billing are well-known for his or her lovely scenic views and is a well-liked spotfor journey seekers. It’s recognized for Paragliding and journey actions.
Coated in huge estates of tea gardens, Bir enjoys a inhabitants of some thousand Indians a slowly rising worldwide settlement of journey fans and philosophy college students.
- Elevation: 1,525 m above sea stage
- Climate: Cold most of the year
- District: Kangra
- Finest Time To Go : March to June
- Should carry : Umbrella, water bottle, mild snacks and Go professional digicam or any digicam will work with a selfie stick.
How To Reach Bir-Billing?
The nearest airport to Bir is the Dharamshala airport, which is around 40 kilometers away from Dharamshala. There are flights connecting Delhi to Dharamshala airport from where you can travel either by bus or taxi.
Take a train to Pathankot/Chakki Bank (both in Punjab) from Delhi or wherever you are currently (direct or connecting) and from there take a taxi (5 hours) or bus (8 hours) to Bir.
One cam take a bus from Delhi to Baijnath or Bir Road from the Inter-State Bus Terminus(ISBT). There are two overnight buses that leave for Baijnath from Delhi every evening. Taxi is the easiest and the fastest way of getting to Bir.
ALSO VISIT: ABOUT TRIMBAKESHWAR TEMPLE
Actions To Do:-
- Paragliding: Paragliding here is Tandem in which person can fly with experienced pilot. Pilot control para-glider from takeoff to Landing and the person need to experience and enjoy the flight. You can opt for the duration of the flight which are 15 minutes, 30 minutes and 45 minutes prices vary accordingly. You can also rent a Go Pro camera to shoot your experience while on the flight. Your instructor will take you via car to Billing (the takeoff site ) which is about 20 minute ride from landing site Bir . Billing is takeoff point at the altitude of 2430 mt from sea level and the landing is at Bir Chougan area for 1350 mt from sea level. This activity can cost you about 1500-2500 INR depending on the service provider. The cost of renting the Go Pro is about 500-1000 INR (Do not hesitate to bargain).
2. Mountain Biking: One other enjoyable and adventurous exercise you’ll be able to go for is mountain biking. Driving within the mountains and hilly areas might be an uproarious process. You’ll be able to simply lease a mountain bike at about 100-200 INR for an hour and go on for a experience and expertise the gorgeous views of the valley. When you’ve got a very good stamina then you’ll be able to go to Chokling Monastery and Sherab Ling Monastery which is about 20-30 minute experience from Bir.
3. Trekking: Bir Billing is the perfect place for you if you are an adventure enthusiast and trekking has always been your dream. There are a number of tours and travel packages which offers a complete trip of Bir and its surrounding places at reasonable prices, you can stay at tents and go for early morning treks under trained supervision and proper guidance. These packages offer you trained guides who are experts in the field of trekking and other mountain adventure activities. So, you don’t need to worry if you are a novice in the activity of trekking. You can put your faith in them for a holistic expertise.
4. Take a experience in Toy Train: The toy train ranging from Joginder Nagar offers you the chance to expertise this uncommon factor to do in Bir. Crossing ten stations and protecting a distance of round 160 Km towards the backdrop of the magnificent Dhauladhar ranges, the toy train offers you views that won’t allow you to blink your eyes for a second.
5. Camping in BIR BILLING: Bir Billing camping is actually a camp site built adopting the sustainable method. The tents are are a perfect way of experiencing Bir in the best way.
ALSO READ: ABOUT JWALAJI TEMPLE
Must Visit Temple:-
Baijnath temple is a thirteenth century historical architectural site positioned within the city of Baijnath in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. This historical temple is on the way in which to Bir Billing. This historical temple is constructed within the Nagara Type of temple structure. Baijnath temple is an attractive temple with a shikhara having a vestibule, a mandapa and a sanctum. There may be additionally a statue of Nandi within the entrance of the temple, which faces in direction of Lord Shiva within the interior sanctum. The interior and exterior partitions of the temple are stuffed with sculptures of Hindu gods and goddesses. The general design of this shrine is gorgeous and it is a must visit.
Note: We don’t make any guarantees if the above-stated facts are not correct. If you think any information provided by us is wrong then contact us.